American coins for sale in 2015
Posted: January 08, 2016
This entry was posted in General
Another year is complete and it has been really good for the American coin aficionados. We have been delighted and surprised in equal measures with the great American coins for sale in 2015 that made it into numismatic collections across the country. Some of them were the well-known continuity sets from America the Beautiful quarters and the Presidential dollars, and some the not so famous, yet intriguing, Spouse sets. In this post, we have tried to compile some of the most interesting American coinsfor sale in 2015.
- The year started off with a bang with that most famous of all coins, American Eagle Silver Proof coins. These coins have always been in the top in the best seller list. Almost 47 million of them were sold in 2015, approximately 3 million more than in 2014. 
- In January, the U.S. mint released a special Birth set to welcome a new born. It included the proof coins from the San Francisco mint like Kennedy Half dollar, Homestead National Monument of America from the America the Beautiful Quarters Program, Roosevelt dime, Jefferson nickel and Lincoln penny. The coins were placed in a folder where you can record the babys birth date, height, weight, picture of the baby and a personalized message.
- The mint released the Happy Birthday coin set that had the same set of coins as the Birth set except instead of the Homestead coin, it was the Saratoga National Historical Park Quarter from the America the Beautiful Quarters Program.
- The commemorative coins celebrating the 225th anniversary of the U.S. Marshalls establishment were then released.
- At different times in the year, the next set of the most coveted America the Beautiful coins were released (6th release of the series). They were the Homestead National Monument of America coin, Kisatchie National Forest coin, Blue Ridge Parkway coin, Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge coin and Saratoga National Historical park coin. More than 200,000 coins were sold in this series in 2015, almost 90,000 more than in 2014. 
- The 9th release of the 2015 Presidential dollar series honored late Presidents Harry S. Truman, Dwight D. Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson, in Proof, Circulated and Uncirculated forms. The coins were released as 25 coin rolls, 100 coin bags and 250 coin boxes from the Philadelphia and Denver mints. Around 37.5 million of these coins were minted.
- 2015 Kennedy Half Dollars came as a 2-Roll set, 20 coins each from Philadelphia mint and Denver mint. They were also released as a 200 coin bag (100 P-Mint and 100 D-Mint) with the coins in a finish never seen before in circulation.
- In March 2015, American Eagle Gold Proof one ounce, one-half ounce, one-quarter and one-tenth ounce coins minted at West Point were released with a striking design of Lady Liberty. Around 1.8 million coins were sold compared to 1.14 million coins in 2014. The U.S. Mint also came up with a 4 Gold coin proof set of the American Eagle for proof collectors of which around 9000 were sold.
- 2015 March of Dimes coins are commemorative coins that celebrated the 75th year of establishment of March of Dimes, a National foundation for Infantile Paralysis. They came as both Silver Proof and Silver Uncirculated coins.
- The Native American $1 coin program of 2015, honored Sacagawea and the work done by Mohawk iron workers in building New York City skyscrapers. The coins came in rolls, bags and boxes from the Philadelphia and Denver mints. Around 5 million coins were minted in 2015.
- The U.S. Mint proof set comprised of the 14 proof coins dated 2015. It had the 6th annual release of America the Beautiful quarters, the 9th release of the Presidential $1 coins, the Native American $1 coin, the Kennedy Half Dollar, the Roosevelt Dime, the Jefferson Nickel, and the Lincoln Penny.
- The 2015 American Buffalo one ounce Gold Proof coin was minted in the West Point mint and around 220,500 coins were sold. It is a 24K coin with James Earle Frasers design of the Indian Head and American Buffalo used in the Nickel design earlier.
- The First Spouse series honoring the first spouses were released after the corresponding Presidential $1 coin release. The year saw the release of one-half ounce Gold Proof and Uncirculated coins of Bess Truman, Mamie Eisenhower, Jacqueline Kennedy and Lady Bird Johnson. Around 28,000 of these coins were sold in the year.
- 2015 U.S. Mint Uncirculated coin set and the U.S. Mint Silver Proof set included all the Uncirculated coins and Silver proof coins, respectively, that were released in the year.
- U.S. Mint Annual Uncirculated Dollar coins of 2015 was a six coin set consisting of the Uncirculated Dollar coins of the 9th release of Presidential $1 coins, a single Native American $1 coin, and the American Silver Eagle $1 coin.
- Coin and Chronicles sets for Presidents follow the same release schedule as the Presidential $1 coin. For 2015, each Coin and Chronicles set included the Presidential $1 coin, Presidential Medal, a stamp and an informative booklet on late Presidents Harry S. Truman, Dwight D. Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson.
Leave a comment